It's taken me two months to cotton on to this - but slowly my suspicions have grown stronger and stronger - and now I can plainly see - this baby knows much more than he would have me believe. I would go so far as to say he possesses a 'radar' system - the sort an evil genius keeps at his evil headquarters.
His radar is used to inform him of what I am doing throughout my day. I assume it is located internally and gives off a wave of sound that only babies can hear. That's how they get away with it! Us adults sit there blissfully unaware - and behind the scenes armies of infants are listening to an internal baby siren that alerts them to the following:
- Mummy has sat down with a hot beverage.
- Mummy has lifted up a fork, piled with food, and it is moving towards her mouth.
- Mummy is flippin exhausted and really needs to sleep tonight as she has a big day tomorrow
- Mummy is in the supermarket
- Mummy is at the doctors
- Mummy has an audience
- Mummy desperately needs to go to the toilet and in a second is going to leave the room
- Mummy has run out of batteries for my light up smiley face toy
- Mummy has a good idea for a blog
- Mummy has visitors coming and needs to tidy the house for the first time in weeks
- Mummy is at the end of her wick and just needs one hour of rest
- Mummy is really enjoying the last 5 minutes of peace
- Mummy can't believe it is so quiet
- Mummy is just thinking how lucky she is that I have fallen asleep so easily
- Mummy smugly believes she has achieved a 'routine'